And then...as if the Lord just took 50 lbs off my shoulders, I realized that the only thing that mattered was the 3 miles ahead of me! Later in the day the Miley Cyrus song "The Climb" came on the radio (I posted it on my playlist for your convenience) and she was totally singing what I was thinking! "Aint about how fast I get there, aint about what's waiting on the other side, it's the CLIMB!" I am 26 years old and have always been told this, but today...I think it made a little more sense! So starting now I am going to enjoy life for what it IS and not what it ISN'T. Because afterall, aren't we ALL so blessed with everything we really need? I am so grateful for Pete, Boston, my family, my friends, cell phones, Hot Tamales (candy), chicken tacos, my warm bed (Pete is camping with the Boy Scouts in the middle of the Cascades right now), the GOSPEL and toothpaste! I have a list about "5 miles" long of all the reasons that life is nothing short of incredible!
12 years ago



4 comments:
Wow that is a beautiful hike!!! Your so awesome thanks for reminding me what is really important! P.s. I LOVE hot tomalis!
you are so funny! i've never met anyone with more on their "to do" list than you, but you're amazing and you do it all!
I am so glad that I read this post today. I felt exactly the same way today. I knew that I needed to be grateful for everything that I have too. Thanks for the post. Em
Ashli that was a cool analogy.
Find joy in the journey right?
Thanks-I needed that as I was in Roberts Craft today. They gave popcorn to the kids, which was great, but as we are checking out my kids were screaming, popcorn got spilled all over the floor, I was trying to get as many coupons as possible used etc etc. I had to laugh at my journey! Lucky
Post a Comment