Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Trip to Port Townsend

This weekend we headed up to Port Townsend WA (tip of Olympic Penisula)
It was so much fun...it is an old town with the cutest shops and yummy restaurants. We were so close to Canada we could have jumped in and swam across the ocean...but Boston doesn't have his passport yet, so maybe next time :)



Whoever thinks it's gloomy and rainy up here all the time, needs to pay us a visit!
I used to think that too, until I moved here!

Pete and I have a tradition that whenever we visit a new beach we write our names in the sand and then take a small scoop of sand home with us to remember the fun memories we have had together.


One day this will be us on this sail boat!
We are hoping to take a trip to Canada soon.



This dog is huge! I don't think the pictures even do him justice...
his head is by far 3 times as big as Pete and mine put together.
People up here LOVE their pets!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashli!

I love Port Townsend. It is such a quaint town. I remember the yummy restaurants, too!

Love the hair, too. I was blonde for ages and sometimes I still think of myself as blonde - I'm even startled sometimes to see my brunette self looking back at me. Silly, I know.

Have fun in the great Pacific Northwest, there is so much to see and do!

Love to you and your family.
Ruth

Megan Hall said...

I LOVE your hair! Seriously. You can totally pull off brunette! Don't get me wrong I love you blond too but this is really cute. Looks like you are sure doing a good job of making Seattle home. Miss you.

Brian and Lindsey said...

Cute hair! I really like it:) Bet Pete does too- it's edgy in a good way. I think you should definitely buy that sail boat. Then I'll come up and teach you to sail it! (J/K I only know little boats we could prob figure it out though. . :} If you make it to Canada you'll have to let know if you like it. I want to go to British Colombia someday. Hope all's well. Look like you guys are doing well:)

Menlove Family said...

I'm SO-O glad I finally have your blog!! We miss you guys...and our rock band fun!! Your hair is so dang cute. You are so brave and it's paid off!! Looks like Seattle is amazing. We'll definately come see you guys!

Megan said...

You have a baby! And your hair is short and sexy! And you're doing all sorts of fun things!
This is Megan, by the way... from the 10th ward, DHS, etc. :)

Leah said...

Wow, it's really pretty up there! You have a beautiful family!