Pete has always loved to rock climb...so I had this bright idea to build an indoor
rock climbing wall in our garage! His birthday was coming up so I wanted
to surprise him. This was no easy task. First, how do you begin?
Second, how do you keep a 12 x 8 foot wall hidden?
Pete had a business trip so I had 48 hours to research,
buy equipment and get to work on his surprise wall. After Boston went to bed
I stayed up well into the night working. Thanks to my mom for helping.
Drilling 216 holes and pounding in 216 T-nuts can be a noisy
project...thankfully we didn't wake Boston up in the process.
After painting the rock wall, it was impossible to keep the project a surprise...
so I spilled the beans and I wish I had a picture of the look on Pete's face
when he discovered what we had been working on. He was able to help hang the wall
and bolt the rock holds. Thanks Nick and Sammy for your architectural
knowledge and helping us hang the wall!
The finished product...Pete and Boston are out climbing almost every night.
Pete says Boston is a NATURAL!
Mission accomplished!



3 comments:
Megan thinks this is the coolest thing ever. She wants us to build a wall also. Unfortunately, or luckily, our garage isn't quite tall enough or wide enough. That has to be the best surprise ever!
You are the coolest wife ever! I love that you followed through with the initial idea.
Happy (very late) birthday by the way. I hope it was awesome.
That is so fun, Aaron would love it!
Post a Comment