Friday, August 6, 2010

I Have A Feeling I Am NOT in Washington Anymore

Well, we finally made it back home. I absolutely loved loved loved Washington, but as the famous Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz says..."There's No Place Like Home." I was not able to just click my glittery red shoes and end up here...nor was the Yellow Brick road free of:
a flat tire in the middle of No Where, Oregon,
high stress as we
traveled 900 miles following a 26
foot moving truck barreling down the freeway full of construction
,
all of us bogged down with colds or sinus infections and not to mention....
a two year old in the back seat!

However, we finally made it and we are loving life. Boston loves grandma's swimming pool, he is swimming on his own (with a life jacket of course). I am so grateful to be close to family again. I will definitely miss friends, the water, and my daily 5 mile walks on the waterfront and point defiance....but I am as happy as can be here. Pete loves his new job and we feel so blessed! We are getting used to the dry heat and bright bright sun again. Life is good!

3 comments:

Emilee said...

Where are you guys living now? I'd love to see you if you're in Utah!

The Reno Donnelly's said...

Funny you would say dry heat. I was there all last week and the humidity was killing me but I'm back in the nice dry desert now. I saw your parents, always fun to talk to them.

Katy said...

oh the days of dry heat. The comment from the Reno Donnelly's made me laugh - I remember when I thought UT was horrendously humid.

I'm glad you're safe and sound and happy in Utah.